Berkshire Income Realty, Inc. (BIR)
Formed in 2003, Berkshire Income Realty, Inc. is a multifamily REIT controlled and externally managed by affiliates of Berkshire. Summary facts:
- Total capitalization of $800 million.
- Preferred Shares of $75 million listed on AMEX.
- Symbol: Preferred Securities BIR – A
- Number of investors: Approximately 13,000
- Properties owned in Maryland, Virginia, Washington, D.C., Florida, Texas, Illinois and Oregon.
Berkshire Multifamily Value Fund
Berkshire Multifamily Value Fund was formed in 2005. Summary facts:
- Total capitalization of $1.2 billion.
- An institutional, discretionary value added real estate investment portfolio.
- The portfolio of over 50 properties is geographically diversified with property locations in ten states and the District of Columbia.
Berkshire Multifamily Value Fund II
Berkshire Multifamily Value Fund II formed in 2007. Summary facts:
- The Fund is positioned to provide value-added investment returns by rehabilitating, redeveloping and repositioning high-quality real estate in major markets and submarkets throughout the United States.
- Total expected capitalization of $2 billion.